We appreciate that social interaction is usually dependent upon one’s own personality and confidence. Even individuals with no known mental health problems or condition can struggle with this life skill. However, at Curamus Haven, we provide a platform to make this possible without the clients making an effort to do so by themselves. We have therefore created an environment where interaction is made possible through different social activities such as sports, board/group games, tournaments, speed dating, social trips in and around Scotland, making use of our forum and Penpal facility on our website and through other social activities.
Our staff are trained to help spot early signs of depression and suicidal tendencies. Curamus Haven would like to make you aware of some of these in order to help tackle the problem together:
- Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness or hopelessness
- Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration, even over small matters
- Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities, such as sex, hobbies or sports
- Insomnia or sleeping too much
- Tiredness and lack of energy, so even small tasks take extra effort
- Changes in appetite — reduced appetite and weight loss or increased cravings for food and weight gain
- Anxiety, agitation or restlessness
- Slowed thinking, speaking or body movements
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixating on past failures or blaming yourself for things that are not your responsibility
- Trouble thinking, concentrating, making decisions and remembering things
- Frequent or recurrent mention of death, suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts or suicide
- Unexplained physical problems, such as back pain or headaches
We also have counselling sessions for these individuals to help them cope with their mental health problems and volunteers eagerly awaiting to befriend you.